3. MY CHILDHOOD
Natural medical doctor
4. ON THE "OTHER SIDE"
The Great Experiences/Ten years of
Vision of the Grail
My Inner Woman
To make love and be free
REVELATION OF THE GREAT MOTHER
THE GREAT LIGHT
THE GREAT DEATH/THE UNDERWORLD
The Ultimate Sutra
Amsterdam, August 1980
Nothing Is/The Cycle
5. DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL
6. THE SACRED VALLEY
twenty years of trial and error
The Inner Adversary
Japan and Hong Kong
the hell of the future
(Sermon of the
7. TERESA OF AVILA
Teresa of Avila
8. MY LIFE'S MYTH
9. LAMENT FOR THE PLANET
The 7 Steps
10. THE GREAT MOTHER
11. TURN ON
Great Mother Hymn
The Green Grass
|| The Descent
1. Is your desire awakened prepare yourself well. Map the area and
choose your route. Start at the beginning and skip nothing. Dont try to immediately
reach Satori. Go slowly and take it step by step.
2. Feel your feet at every step in contact with the ground. Practice Feeling Awareness. By
firmly being rooted in the earth, you reach to Heaven. The body apparently is the vehicle
3. You're two-way part of the Whole. With your Spirit within the Great Spirit and with
your body rooted in the earth. You constantly re-tuning is what it boils down too.
4. Each step is meditation. Suddenly you realize it. You are witnessing your body, in
connection with your surroundings. The unnameable and the universe are two parallel
realities in One. Nature: the body of God.
5. If you are travelling this path together, remember that people can only see you from
their own perspective. Living in images, performances, beliefs, conclusions and
judgements, then you're an extension of that.
6. The suffering: loss of contact with reality, are being-cut-off from your deepest Self
and your surroundings. It is not easy to admit: you are in fact just a rudderless ship in
the ocean of Life.
7. Only through honest self-assessment, being open to your reality as it is, experiencing
the pain of alienation (at certain times) being thrown
back onto yourself - is the desire for Wholeness awakened within you.
8. Attention is your gain. Everything which is contained in attention gets extra lustre.
How tar are these wide flowers, how fresh is moss between the rocks, and the trees there,
they are still so ever beautiful.
9. There are three types of inner peace. Firstly, that What Is was before you were,
secondly the sort that arises by unconditional acceptance and thirdly one you create
yourself. The first one is Super natural the second is natural and the third is
10. How easy it is to see that you are not your problems. If you close your eyes you see
your problems in front of you. What a discovery: If I am here and my problems are there.
Inner freedom is a piece of cake.
11. Having is the inability to Be. Out of fear for the inner emptiness you cling on to it,
so much so that it is strengthened a thousand fold. Having as a manner of
existence is the biggest obstacle in entering the Kingdom.
12. Strive for Enlightenment, restructure your life and serve the other. The trinity of
consciousness, personal growth and self rejection are the flipsides of the same coin.
There isnt one without the other.
13. Life is not a quest, it is not an object, and its bigger than you. What you are
searching for is Eternal Omnipresent. You're in prayer there without knowing it. When the
seeker becomes a finder, a whole new world will open before your eyes.
14. Evil: that which is separated living their own lives. However realise that you are
part of the Whole, if you do so, your conduct will be accordance with This. 'Reflection'
alone is too often an excuse. Doesnt the desire for unification permeate your whole
15. The spiritual path: the restoration of unity with the Ultimate, the earth and the
people-community and the clean-up - by love, acceptance or strive - everything that stands
in the way.
16. Your negativity, are those aspects that were excluded at some point in
time. By in retrospect still adopting them consciously, to live through them and thus
integrating them, you work towards your wholeness. The energy that is released than
benefits the whole.
17. Dont let yourself be dragged along by all that goes on inside you - the well
known technique of tracking of thoughts - while remaining stationary. With
your gaze, calmly and motionlessly stare in front of you, The Moment even
frees the deepest of thoughts.
18. When you become yourSelf, then there is simultaneously a connection with everything
around you. YouSelf turns out to be the Essence of existence - the trees, grass, clouds
and wind all are that. Connectedness therefore is the main criterion for true
19. If you do what is necessary, you're always on the right track. Dont let
yourSelf be distracted by yourself. The universe has spots open for you, only you can fill
them. Thats how everything grows into a larger wholeness.
20. For unity attuneing is needed. Only when youre on the same wavelength, does it
click with one and other. It is not enough that he has it, but you must also
have it. In order to merge with It, the Divine requires you to become one with It.
21. I feel the contact with my buttocks on the chair, then the chair becomes an extension
of my body. What a joy to welcome the seat as part of myself. Before it was simply an
object, now I am caressing the chair, so dear it is to me.
22. The personality consists of concentric accumulated layers. The exterior is coarse, the
inner subtle. Hence, why people usually resonate with your
exterior, children and animals touch you middle layer, while flowers and plants strengthen
your inner tranquillity.
23. The most special moments are those when all falls off of you.
Nothing then reminds you of yourself, your concerns, problems and your work. This stands
in pale contrast with your efforts to draw luck towards you.
24. Unity in diversity. In order to balance Two you a third that transcends this.
Diversity without unity leads to decay and degeneration. Does unity exist, then diversity
becomes your joyous expression of life.
25. Exploiting the suffering of others to your own benefit: two of those slime balls on TV
- the "spiritual" type - the holy then thou mentality. No, rather then I prefer
plain egoists at least they dont sugar coat anything.
26. Propagating harmony without being it shades the contradictions
that would no longer be transcended. Instead of evolution stagnation occurs. While to the
outside world a façade is being portrayed the inner turmoil piles up further.
27. You hear the echo still in your ears: "everyone has his or her own truth,
right?" Split-faced people with their split truth, thats how the fragmentation
of our present day arises. The Mother probably feels very lonely, one great far and away
surreal show. Not very surprising, that once in a while IT firmly grips someone and puts
them in their place.
28. The true master does absolutely nothing. Whichever question, problem or issue
you bring, he will always say: "good, excellent, fine, continue". He knows that
things need space within which to work. That is why he is only to add: "Love
yourself, unconditionally accept everything and be a little bit more aware."
29. Enlightenment is impersonal; it's the natural state of Being of the
universe. Those who place a claim on it, as if it being Something of himself, makes
himself look infinitely ridiculous in the eyes of the Divine. The kinsmen of the Ultimate
are not special, they are universal.
30. You cannot reach the emptiness; you can only drop into it. Fortunate are those who
live on the soil of existence. The more you have fallen, the closer you are to
Her Bottomlessness. And thus it is fulfilled the, "last will be first".
31. Suddenly and unexpectedly I dissolved in the Light, the Divine Substance, pillars of
the universe. The triumph was immense. All what was, is and will be is coincided in the
One. You're the All that transcends the universe.
32. In a fraction of a second you tune too the unnameable. Being caught in the Eternal is
freedom of the temporary, lifting the restrictions on who you thought to be. What an
immense gift. O, that I may always be your slave ...
33. In each rise the Light loses more substance. It loses ITSelf in
the Nothingness. Ultimately, there is only Transparency. When IT has receded, then
everything is again as it is. Nothing sacred and nothing extraordinary.
34. The direct Reality is the One, immediate Ubiquitous. It encompasses the entire
existence, while IT is remains unmoved by the phenomena that arise within IT. Everything
falls within IT, while simultaneously IT is outside of it.
35. In the State there is only Consciousness - the astral body of the Mother - which
coincides with unspeakable love, beauty and joy. There is only That. You do not have to
search for paradise you, it is in all eternity you True Nature.
36. Nothingness Is. The Bottomless Ground bares without Her interference in the
deepest of Her abyss the Being which in the Ever present Moment returns too it. Being is
relatively Absolute. The Divine exists, but is not the Last Reality.
37. In Essence Youre not of this world, the world is within You. It is within
rather than outside. You embrace the world as a mother does her child. That is why
everything - without distinction is just as dear to You. You Are the No-thing, and
You Are the Everything.
38. In essence we are the same. I know you better than you know yourSelf. Do you know
yourSelf than you know me. Not many words are necessary if you came to the Truth. It does
not matter what you think. Thinking is just thinking, just the surface, the transitory
39. Are you part of the Whole then you know you heritage. You're not here for
yourself, but for everything and everyone. Your life is a mission, a vocation. Living in
Truth and sharing that with others, that is the true life.
40. Time is a feature of a narrowed consciousness. Because your gaze is limited you
are unable to see a wide panorama with a single glance. That should happen in chunks, so
it takes a natural amount of time. An expanded consciousness however sees everything all
at once, in a fraction of a second, timeless.
41. Only if you know how to die, will you be born again. In this life youve died
countless of times already. Your past lives are all in the Here and Now. You're not this
or that, but you are All in all Eternity.
42. Death simply happens. Why does everyone put such a pressure on it? Offering
resistance is pointless. Once the process starts to unravel, you end up in timelessness
all by itself. Of course you can still get the reckoning of your life in a last fleeting
moment before death. But other than that its simply childs play.
43. Everyone without exception Enlightens during his process of dying. Your walk during
life doesnt matter. Even Adolf Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot were "in
heaven". That is the reality of the saying God is Love. This is
unconditional and omnipresent.
44. Not dying, but living must be learned. We are cut for the Life.
The loss of contact with reality, and see here the existential suffering of human race.
You have turned your back to Life and got into business for yourself. That seemed very
adventurous for a time. Until you see Through it.
45. Everything you see now is as if for the first time. Each
step is a step of amazement. O how new and fresh is the world. All graveness, all barriers
are dropped off from you. The trees, bushes and grass, they come directly towards you.
There is nothing between you and your surroundings.
46. You do not just out of yourself, go into IT. The Reality is a fluidic
spaciousness, where you are absorbed into IT. Everything progresses perfectly natural and
spontaneous. You are moved by joy: an invisible, extremely subtle frequency of Love, an
overwhelming delight of which you are part of.
47. Now that you have been to the Valley, there is Knowing. The Unknowable has revealed
ITself to you. You see things as they are. Nothing stands on its own; it is an entity or
has its own identity. The world is one coherent whole, borne from the Nothingness.
48. In these desperate times, spirituality is supposed to strengthening the identity
instead of dissolving it. Remaining upright in the major degradation is what its all
about. Only after all attempts have failed, when you're exhausted and burned out, can you
come too yourSelf.
49. The world consists of ignorant people, believers, mystics and the Enlightenment
few. The first live in innocence, identified with what they are not, the second out of
fear for existence cling to a saviour, the third group has appropriated the truth as being
their own reality, while they are being in Non-Being.
50. Maliciousness, that's what we miss. Knowing what you stand for and standing for
what you know. This is about Being or non-Being. Living life on the razor's edge, as if
you can die at any time. The wealth has us lazy and complacent.
51. Life is not a process. You do not go from here to there. Neither is life a
learning process, nor do you come back in a next life. "Cause and effect" is far
too simple, and ... you're not your karma. You're not even the person who you think you
52. I embrace everything and everybody; everything is in me, even the people who
ignore me. By doing so, they however cut themselves out. The gate is wide open and they
dont see it. They ask only familiar questions thus taking the familiar road, making
them hopelessly lost.
53. Sometimes you are called back too Her
Reality. If youre open to it, you realize that youre being constantly pulled
at. Her intervention in human existence puts your life upside down. I Am the living proof.
54. The crowning of Enlightenment is ordinary life. If the sun is shining, its fine, when
it rains, its just as fine. The unconditional acceptance of life as it is, and not
as you want it to be, is the royal road.
55. All those people who in the midst of all the abundance are fighting for their
survival. Is the ultimate absurdity. No, than the Japanese holy man, who works from
gratitude for what he constantly receives.
56. I miss the impulse "to bring out the Divine." The Nothingness it Self
is non-active. It is the cat in me, ostensibly dozed off, but ever so alert to every
little sound. The password is your question towards Reality.
57. Disapproving your "bad" properties, such as pleasing and your need for
recognition, dont judge yourself in such a manner. If you submit them to the
Ultimate they will function in Its name. Since my rebirth I please only Her and I fight
for her recognition.
58. Spirituality connects where religion divides. The first is the common
existential context, the inclusive, the second identification with an exclusive doctrine,
dogma or Saviour. Not surprising therefore, that religion always has been the
source of strife and conflict.
59. The problem is not that Jesus is the Son of God, or that Mohammed is His Prophet. It
is the exclusive claim that they are the "only" or respectively the
"last". The Reality is a continuous revelation to many men and women through the
60. I'm carefree. It does not matter to me how I feel every day. Whether I am in
attention? I even allow myself to get lost in My thoughts. So then I am simply not here
for a while. Well, and so what. I add nothing more to life. It is good as it is.
61. We the Dutch are a mercantile people. Being Clever has been
engrained in us since an early age. Thats why everyone always knows better. Being
full of yourself, there is no room for the Truth anymore. While everyone talks about
"the spiritual", our spiritual poverty has never been greater.
62. Fit for production: mainstream medicine takes away complicated symptoms, the
alternatives improve your energy level back to a natural level, psychotherapy
enhances your stress tolerance and bring you back, "back into society." Healing
63. The creative answers come from you added value, the Self, that which is on the
other side of your conditioned brain. The entrance is the feeling awareness in connection
with your body. That's why, your best insight always arise during ironing, the dishes or
weeding the garden.
64. Had it already accrued to you? There are two ways of life: the
insertion of the unknown into the known and vice versa, the surrendering of the familiar
to the unknown. The first is the worldly man; the second is the spiritual man.
65. Love is a striptease for the Truth. Hello, you've constantly peel the
coverings, so that you come to your bare Self. The divine Spark is in everyone, immanent
and identical. You are me, I am you. Love is the celebration of the unity that is already
66. Growth, stability and degradation, see here the dynamic equilibrium of the
universe. The logic is: the more you accumulate, the more devastating the demolition will
be. In older times they called it the "punishment of God." Whatever name you
give it, the expected catastrophe will still be there.
67. More of the same: You suffocate in your own accumulations. The sparkling new
arises by going back to the source. The old warning of Semitic prophets is therefore
highly topical: "Convert, because God's judgement is near".
68. Anyone can find refuge with the Great Mother. Because you're already part of Her. It
is the common denominator - regardless your belief, philosophy or religion - which
connects everything. I call it The Original Tradition. It is the unity in diversity.
69. Some teachers are caricatures of their teachings. They bring add absolute
separation between Enlightenment and the world, and thus between themselves and their
followers. These "masters" walk into their own trap: scornful and bored because
of so much stupidity around them.
70. Or they argue that the world is an illusion. What an ignorance, misunderstanding,
non-acceptance, fear of life and contact neuroses is behind it. Suffering is right now; we
are cut off from everything.
71. It is time that we see where our real mission lies: to become rooted in the
Self again, nature and the human community. No distant ideals, but the Here and Now close
to home. Solidarity with our neighbours, the street, the district and the town we live.
Securing a base for ourselves, thats the issue.
72. We have always confused state and the community. By identifying is with the
state, we had missed seeing, that our community was dismantled before our very eyes. Not
the state-decree, but the development of the community, the living network of people is
the first concern of a healthy society.
73. The mass and the genius form a dynamic balance. One cannot exist without the other.
While the mass spreads, distributes and consumes, a few unique individuals are preparing -
the new spiritual nobility - a higher stage in evolution.
74. Everything is given, there is nothing that is not given. Or did you create your own
heart, eyes or kidneys? Is there anything in this world that you can claim as being of
yourself? Nothing belongs to someone, everything belongs to the Whole. The truth is
simple, but so difficult to recognize.
75. Feel yourself in touch with your surroundings. Then the trees, shrubs, flowers and
grass all come within your space. There is no difference that remains between you and the
trees. Everything is part of the One Mother Gods nature. Joy, joy, joy.
76. Being yourself in connectivity, that is the magic formula for the new culture.
In order to serve you have to place yourSelf at the centre. If you're the best in you
arise, you realize your responsibility.
77. There is only one "God" and there are many prophets. How to distinguish the
latter? Commit yourself to him¹, who brings you to yourSelf, give clear insight, brings
out the best in you, rejects nothing, points at what is needed for you, promises you
nothing and doesnt have the need to be a someone himself.
© 1999 Copyright by Han M. Stiekema. Alle Rechte vorbehalten